- Petroleum Geology and Petroleum Systems
- Sedimentology and Sequence Stratigraphy
- Basin Analysis
- Organic Geochemistry
- Seismic Methods (Processing and Interpretation)
- Drilling Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Reservoir Engineering
The M.Sc. lecture classes and labs are located on the School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. There are three labs for educational and research interests of the postgraduate students. The first one is a fully equipped Petrel Lab for seismic interpretation, reservoir modeling and basin modeling. Moreover, a CMG lab for reservoir simulation. Finally, there is a Drilling Fluids Testing Lab, equipped with Fann instruments.
- Kavala Oil S.A. – Exploration and Exploitation of Hydrocarbons [Subsidiary of Energean Oil and Gas], Kavala, Northern Greece: Company visit, Onshore and Offshore facilities.
- Vathilakos Kozanis (1 day): Shallow well drilling.
- Revithousa (Attica) and Patras, Greece (5 days): Company visit to the “Hellenic Gas Transmission System Operator S.A.” (Liquefaction and Storage of Natural Gas Facilities). Fieldwork in the Gulf of Patras for gas seepages and use of the side scan and bottom scan for seabed and near seabed imaging. Fieldwork in Western Greece (source and reservoir rocks, tectonics, hydrocarbons migration and trapping mechanisms).
Every year an effort is made to place most of our students for summer internships in oil and gas companies.
Takes place between February and June of the fourth semester. Many of the projects are provided by Greek oil and gas companies, which provide data for use in the courses, presentations to supplement course material and help the students to conduct their internships and their individual research projects with an industry host.